Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage essential oil is extracted from the leaves and flowers of Salvia sclaris. Clary Sage is known as one of the most soothing, balancing, and relaxing essential oil.
Clary Sage Oil is commonly mistaken for Sage Essential Oil also known as Common Sage (Salvia officinalis). While both oils belonging to the same family of evergreen shrubs, they are very different from each other. Clary Sage has a herbaceous, soft, sweet, floral, earthy aroma and the aroma of Sage is herbaceous, robust and sharp.
In Aromatherapy, Clary Sage Oil is known for its euphoric, inspirational effect on the psyche, and to enhance calmness and tranquility.
- Botanical Name : Salvia sclaris
- Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Bottle : Amber glass bottle
Clary Sage Oil Health Benefits & Uses
Thanks to its excellent properties such as relaxing as well as calming, Clary Sage is widely used for different purposes. Clary Sage essential oil is used to reduce menstrual cramps, PMS, postpartum depression, menopausal hot flashes, adrenal stimulant, and anxiety states.
- Clary Sage has been used to the skin for its topical benefits. Linalyl acetate, Clary sage oil's main compound, reduces skin inflammation and calms rashes. Calming and soothing Clary Sage is suited to both oily and dry skin types. It is also beneficial to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp.
Dilute 1 drop with a carrier oil. Colourless and odourless Fractionated Coconut Oil or Jojoba oil are the best carrier oils for blending pure Clary Sage essential oil.
- Clary sage is a natural antidepressant. In Aromatherapy, it is widely used to calm the mind and reduce feelings of anxiety. Treat yourself to a soothing bath. Put a few drops of Clary sage and Lavender in the bath and inhale the steam to relieve stress.
- It is known that clary sage is beneficial in inducing labour Clary sage can help reduce anxiety and pain when you actually do go into labour. Though you can use clary sage during labour, DO NOT use clary sage while pregnant.
All essential oils are for external use only.