Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella oil is extracted from the fresh leaves of Cymbopogon Nardus, which is native to Sri Lanka and Java, by steam distillation method. Citronella has well rounded lemon citrus scent and a subtle woody aroma.
- Botanical Name : Cymbopogon Nardus
- Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Bottle : Amber glass bottle
Citronella Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
Citronella is a known powerful natural insect repellent, but its benefits and uses extend beyond keeping bugs at bay. It has been used in China and Indonesia for centuries to treat rashes, infections, and other health conditions. The crisp, fresh, sweet aroma of citronella is complex—valued by perfumers for its nuances, which include citrusy and woodsy notes.
- In Aromatherapy : Citronella's lemon citrusy and subtle woody aroma blends well with most essential oils in the citrus, floral, herbaceous and wood families. Citronella essential oil is used in aromatherapy to elevate mood and reduce stress. It has both uplifting and calming benefits.
One of the best ways to get the aromatherapy benefits of Citronella is using a diffuer. Diffuse it to promote uplifting, relaxing, and confident feelings.
- For Healthy hair : Another popular uses of citronella oil is to promote hair growth. It helps maintain moisture in the scalp and improves blood circulation, which promotes healthy hair growth. Mix 2-3 drops with a carrier oil like Jojoba oil. Massage it into your scalp, and leave on for 5 minutes before washing out thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner.
- Natural Insect Repellent : Citronella oil has been used as one of the oldest effective insect repellent, especially for mosquitos. This oil is not safe for cats and dogs. If you are looking for pet friendly insect repellent, try to use Lemon Eucalyptus Oil - This natural mosquito repellent has been found to be safe for humans and pets.
- Used in topical applications, Citronella eliminates and prevents the growth of fungus on wounds, speeds up the healing of wounds, thanks to its antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial for promoting and maintaining a rejuvenated complexion for all skin types. It is also used to heal skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and dermatitis.
Are you ready to buy Citronella oil online? Don’t look any further. You can always trust that from purelyBlack, Australian owned company, you will always have access to high quality, 100% pure essential oils at an affordable price. Free Shipping Australia wide.
All essential oils are for external use only.
Store in a cool, dark place.
Use with caution on the skin - may be irritating on hypersensitive or damaged skin.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, seek professional advice.
Buy Pure Citronella Oil Online