Brazilian Rosewood Oil
Rosewood essential oil is extracted from the wood of Aniba rosaeodora, Brazilian Rosewood, using steam distillation method. A fragrant evergreen Brazilian Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) is an endangered species that grows in parts of the tropical rainforest of South America.
It has slightly spicy, sweet, floral aroma.
- Botanical Name : Aniba roseodora
- Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Bottle : Amber glass bottle
Brazilian Rosewood Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
Brazilian Rosewood oil, with its woody/floral aroma, has a variety of health benefits, thanks to its antiseptic, skin tonic and astringent, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
It helps balance the emotions, treat a variety of skin conditions, alleviate headaches, muscle and joint pain, and stimulate faster healing wounds.
- Rosewood's subtle, sweet, woody aroma has a calming and relaxing effect on your mind and body. The overall balancing properties of Rosewood oil helps relieve the nervous tension and headaches.
Rosewood blends well with Cedarwood, Frankincense, Lavender, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang and Citrus oils such as Sweet Orange, Bergamot, and Lemon.
Due to the high price of rosewood essential oil, Ho Wood oil could be an excellent aromatic substitute.
- The Amazonian Indians have been traditionally used Rosewood oil as a medicine to treat wounds and sores. This oil is used to prevent the wounds from infections and also speed up the healing process of the wound.
To apply to the skin, always dilute it with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil.
- With its powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties, rosewood oil is beneficial to treat skin ailments such as acne, blemishes, scars, pimples and blackheads.
Rosewood essential oil also helps strengthen and regenerate the skin, slows down the signs of ageing. It is suitable for all types of skin, including, sensitive and mature, as well as combination skin or dull skin.
Add rosewood to daily skincare routine. Dilute a few drops of rosewood oil with a carrier oil or moisturiser and apply it to the skin.
- Rosewood is gentle enough to use on children and the elderly, to support immune function and for colds, flu and coughs.
All essential oils are for external use only.
Brazilian Rosewood Essential Oil