Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata)
Spearmint essential oil is extracted from the leaves of Mentha spicata, which is native to Europe and Asia. Its aroma is very similar to that of peppermint but spearmint is much softer and sweeter.
- Botanical Name : Mentha spicata
- Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Bottle : Amber glass bottle
The difference between spearmint oil and peppermint oil
Peppermint oil is naturally high in menthol and menthone, giving it a cooling sensation on the skin and a sinus opening effect. Spearmint essential oil is warming and soothing due to its high natural camphor concentration.
Spearmint Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- Spearmint is rich in antioxidant compounds. Antioxidants are natural chemical compounds found in plants that helps stabilize harmful free radicals, which are compounds that can damage cells and cause chronic disease.
Spearmint Essential Oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin imperfections.
For skin use, always dilute spearmint oil with a carrier oil to avoid skin sensitivities.
- Spearmint relaxes muscles and intestines of abdominal region that prevents the formation of gases in intestines and stomach.
Dilute a few drops of spearmint oil with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil and gently massage into the abdomen.
- To promote relaxation and ease away muscle soreness, just add a few drops of Spearmint to massage oils.
All essential oils are for external use only.
Spearmint Essential Oil - Mentha spicata