Pure Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil
Ceylon Cinnamon bark oil is derived from the bark of Cinnamonum verum tree, native to Sri Lanka and southern parts of India. Cinnamomum verum, called Ceylon cinnamon tree or true cinnamon tree, is a small evergreen tree. Cinnamon oil has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties.
The Quality of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark essential oil is measured by the level of Cinnamaldehyde. purelyBlack's Ceylon Cinnamon oil is guaranteed at 65% but mostly runs at 70%. The higher the levels of Cinnamaldehyde the more refined and sophisticated its aroma. We guarantee that it is 100% pure Cinnamon bark oil that has absolutely no additives or fillers.
- Botanical Name : Cinnamonum Zeylsnicum (Cinnamonum verum)
- Extraction : Steam Distillation
- Bottle : Amber glass bottle
There are different types of Cinnamon essential oils. Ceylon Cinnamon bark oil extracted from the bark of Cinnamonum verum, Ceylon Cinnamon leaf oil extracted from the leaves of Cinnamonum verum, and Cinnamon Cassia oil derived from Cinnamomum cassia.
- Ceylon Cinnamon bark oil : It has powerful antimicrobial and antiviral properties, due to its higher levels of cinnamaldehyde constituent.
- Ceylon Cinnamon leaf oil : Cinnamon leaf oil is high in Eugenol, an antiseptic and anesthetic phenylpropene, making it ideal for sore muscles, stomach cramps, and rheumatism.
- Cinnamon Cassia oil : It is sweeter than cinnamon and is widely used as an economical substitute.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
- With it’s anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon oil is effective for inflammatory skin concerns like rashes, acne and other infections.
Dilute one drop of Cinnamon bark essential oil with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil and apply it to the skin.
- Diffuse cinnamon bark essential oil as the seasons change to freshen the air, and help healthy metabolic function. Cinnamon also helps maintain a healthy immune system.
- Used in massage, it can be a useful oil to help ease sore muscles due to its natural warming effects (ensure you dilute to a maximum of 1% before skin application).
- Its antifungal and antimicrobial properties make Cinnamon bark oil effective to treat toenail fungus and other fungal infections.
For natural toenail fungus treatment, dilute a few drops of cinnamon bark essential oil with fractionated coconut oil and apply it to the affected area.
Cinnamon essential oil is for external use only.
Caution should be used when using Cinnamon Oil – it can be a skin irritant.